Monday, October 22, 2007

Chuck Taylors

Recently I've resurrected these Chuck Taylors that have been hiding up neath my sleeping quarters (under my bed).  An icon of casual footwear for decades, I've challenge myself to incorporate these shoes into my weekly wardrobe.  

Some people make these look really good.  Some people make them look kind of stupid.  Honestly, if you want to know the truth.  Ever since silly Paul Walker kicked them in Fast and Furious, I knew I had a chance.

Silly Paul Walker sporting some Chucks, next to his homey Tyrese

A nice fitting t-shirt, high quality jeans (designer if you will), and some Chucks are typically a safe bet.  It doesn't hurt to be in great shape too.  Sorry, but it's true.

Step One: Tidy them up.  All twisted and boring, the laces were the main eye sore.  I Googled "lace styles" and "Ian's Shoelace Site" popped up.  This guy Ian is a lase-ical genius.  

Lame

Better
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: