Saturday, July 7, 2007

Wow!  What an amazing vacation.  Andrea and I went to Chicago and caught a Cubs game, met up with some friends, then went up to Door County, WI for an annual get-together with my family, then back down to Chicago to see the Police in concert.  Here is a short visual list of some of the things we did.  
The weather was spectacular.  Unfortunately, I wish I could say the same for the Cubs' performance.  They were smoked by the Brewers, something like 13 to 4.

If teaching never works out for me, I'm pretty sure I could make a decent living being a professional rock skipper.  The skills must be genetic though because all my other cousins claim to be just as good as me.

So here we have all the Eagleman boys at the Fish Creek 5K.  This has turned into be just as much a tradition as getting together every 4th of July in Door County.  Kurt (far right) just got back from studying abroad and traveling all over Europe.  I was thrilled to see him and that he got back safe and sound.  Erik (far left) has been doing triathlons recently, and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't aiming to beat him.  I really doubt sibling rivalry every dies (at least for some).  That is my amazing Dad (in the white) sporting the Von Eaglehausen t-shirt.  

We both finished 3rd in our age group!  Finishing in 20:11, I ran a 6:29 mile and Andrea did excellent running a 7:30 mile.   That was the most exhausted I had been in a long time, but it was all worth it because we both brought home medals!

At Europe Lake I tried out Erik's wet suit that he uses for his triathlons.  The thing is amazing.  It keeps you warm and buoyant, and best of all helps you look like a super hero.

If you are having trouble understanding what is going on in this picture let me explain.  One evening we made homemade ice cream.  For those of you who have never had the joy of doing such, let me explain further.  It involves a barrel with a crank, ice, salt, and a canister full of half & half, sugar and vanilla.  Here, Karin is cranking while I'm sitting on the barrel so it doesn't rock all over the place.  The process may be long, but the end result is some of the most amazing ice cream you will ever taste.

 Here we are at Wrigley after one of the most phenomenal concerts I have ever attended.  The Police put on a show for more than 45,000 and gave me a memory that I will never forget.  No words could describe this evening.  

No comments: